yew, if you’re in Australia and you wanna check out the blood moon tomorrow night and you’re not sure when to see it, here’s a run down of approx. times for seeing it in each state:
- NSW, ACT, Victoria, Tasmania: Eclipse begins 8:15PM. Totality begins 9:25PM. Totality ends 10:25PM. Eclipse ends 11:35PM.
- Queensland: Eclipse begins 7:15PM. Totality begins 8:25PM. Totality ends 9:25PM. Eclipse ends 10:35PM.
- South Australia: Eclipse begins 7:45PM. Totality begins 8:55PM. Totality ends 9:55PM. Eclipse ends 11:05PM.
- Northern Territory: Eclipse begins 6:45PM. Totality begins 7:55PM. Totality ends 8:55PM. Eclipse ends 10:05PM.
- Western Australia: Eclipse begins 6:19PM (moonrise). Totality begins 6:25PM. Totality ends 7:25PM. Eclipse ends 8:35PM.
I don’t curse people, I bless everyone around them.
So proud of my mother for doing her own research after I sent her that meme. A sign she hung in her car window.
Is this true?
Not only is it true, it gets worse. The Susan G Komen For The Cure Foundation has actually successfully sued “competing” charities, because (paraphrasing) their “message or branding was infringing.”
You read that correctly: they took money that people had donated to cure cancer, and hired attorneys with it, to sue ANOTHER group of people trying to find a cure for cancer, who, in turn, had to us their donated money to hire their own legal counsel to defend themselves.
|-||Witches Midwives and Nurses: A History of Women Healers - Barbara Ehrenreich & Deirdre English (via studentmotherlife)|
no worries. this has been asked before, but I’ve always forgotten to tag such posts and they’ve been lost in my archive. I’m deeming these spells beginner friendly because they don’t require exotic or difficult to obtain materials (for most people) and they’re not really complicated.
- Luck Spell
- Vanilla Anti-Anxiety Spell
- Calming Spell Jar
- Joyful Candle Spell
- Poppet Money Spell
- Protection Sachet
- Easy Protection Charm
- Easy Luck Powder with Household Herbs
- Prosperity Knot/Cord Spell
- Kitchen Cabinet Abundance Jar
- Peppermint Healing Spell
- Four All-Purpose Spells
- Simple Braiding Spell
- Simple Calming Room Spell
- Inner Peace Spell
- Free Me Spell
- Sleep Charm
- Sleep Well Spell
- Spell for Inspiration
- Burn Away Negativity Spell
- Secular Smoke Cleansing Ritual
Green Witchcraft: Walking the Green Path (All post)
Herbal Magic (tags)
Internal Ritual Work
The Fairy Tradition (a wee introduction)
Books I Have Read
Green Witchcraft & Natural/Earth Magic
- Way of the Green Witch by Arin Murphy-Hiscock
- Grimoire of the Green Witch by Ann Moura(Only use this book for references and DO NOT READ HER OTHER BOOKS. They are not about Green Witchcraft, but Wicca with the word “Green” thrown into every sentence)
- The Green Hedge Witch by Rae Beth
- Tree Wisdom by Jacqueline Memory Paterson
- Wild Witchcraft by Marian Green
- Encyclopedia of Natural Magic
- Healing Wise by Susun Weed
- Mastering Herbalism by Paul Huson
- The Herbal Lore of Wise Women and Wortcunners: The Healing Power of Medicinal Plants by Wolf D.Storl
- Culpeper’s Complete Herbal
Authors to avoid:
- Silver Ravenwolf.
- DJ Conway.
- Edain McCoy,
- Ann Moura
Why you should avoid these authors:
- failure to cite sources
- historical inaccuracies
- poorly research
- poor or no bibliography
before doing a sabbat ritual or anything with other witches, it’s a good idea to do an acknowledgement of country to pay your respects to the traditional owners of the land.
here’s an example of one I did for a recent sabbat celebration with my circle:
Before we begin I’d like to acknowledge the Elders, families and descendants of the ________ people, who have been the custodians of this land for thousands of years. I acknowledge that the land in which we meet was the place of age-old ceremonies of celebration, initiation, and renewal. This land always was, and always will be aboriginal land.
obviously fill the blanks with the relevant names for your area, which you can find here